Tuesday 4 September 2012

Cookies and Cake? Not bad for tea, right?

Welcome back!!!

And we continue the culinary adventures here in London. The oatmeal cookies were a hit at school today. Luckily I still have some at home to enjoy with coffee or tea. 

Today we had the written final and I guess we were all taken by surprise with some of the questions that came up. Sure, they tell you to review everything, but you only take notice of the study guide they provide. Serves us right I suppose. Still, it went fairly well and I'm sure we'll all pass. 

Happily, the forecast stayed true and we experienced lovely weather throughout the day. Sunny and yet chilly, summing up to almost the perfect day. Personally I love days like these especially during autumn. The sun and the cold add on to the beauty of  the changing colors of nature. We'll see this magnificent display here very soon. 


Sugar paste flowers, petals and leaves...
Weirdly, classes continue after the exams. We have our final "practicals" this week. Some started today; my class starts tomorrow. We will begin the decoration of our celebration cakes. Our teaching chef completed his during the demo, but we have been allocated 3 classes for it, a total of 7 hours and a half. A bit much I think, but it all depends on the complexity of the decoration you wish to give it. I have two ideas in mind, but I suppose one is considered to simple and will not help practice my skills. So I'll choose the more "complex" one. I'll post the picture of the finished cake soon.


The Chef's finished piece
Having finished early, I came home a tidied up a bit. My flat is small and it still surprises me how quickly it can become a pigsty. And I baked cookies today as well. On the menu:

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

It is a recipe I've been using for a little over two years now and the results are mouthwatering, DELICIOUS, heaven. For me at least: I am a chocolate lover and weirdly, I don't usually eat what I bake, but cookies just do it for me. The perfect size and flavors all compacted into the perfect little dessert.  What do you think?

Chocolate heaven...? I think so :) 

Mmm...the smell of cookies in the oven...it just doesn't get any better. Look at them...puffing up in the oven...don't you just want to grab one? Hehehehehe... try them at home. Mind you, this is NOT my recipe, the only added thing has been my skill of not making them uniform...everything else belongs to the chocolate genius below.

Triple Chocolate Cookies by Chef Douglas: 

The recipe yields 16 cookies...that bogus, unless you make massive, colossal cookies, in which case, totally true. It yielded 38 perfectly sized, yet abstract shaped cookies with two tiny cookie buttons. Those tiny ones are only mine...don't ask for one because I will not share them ^^.

I might enjoy them with my morning coffee tomorrow. We'll see. I hope you guys had a lovely Tuesday as well and don't hesitate to try this recipe at home. It's flawless and absolutely worth it.

Have a good night.

Sweet Dreams xx

No comments:

Post a Comment