Saturday 29 September 2012

Out on Holidays and Back Home for Cake

Well hi there!!!

It's been a long time. Hope you've all been well. For those of you who follow this blog, my sincerest apologies for not posting sooner. It's been a busy past week. Last Tuesday I left on a trip with two of my dearest friends. Considering we had two weeks off from school, they planned a trip to Amsterdam and Munich, for the Oktoberfest. Let me tell you, it has been one of the most amazing trips I've ever taken.

So many adventures and new experiences...photos of absolutely everything. These are the moments that we live for. Staying at a hostel for the first time (wasn't half bad...except for a mouse in the room hahahaha) and taken a look at the Sex Museum, Amsterdam quickly became a city we love. 

Huge I AM AMSTERDAM sign in Museumplein
We also visited the Van Gogh museum, a place I'd definitely recommend to go if you're into art. We had huge pancakes at the Pancake Bakery and we also visited Anne Frank's house...a sad place that holds so much history. Walking around mid morning through Vondelpark was amazing as well. We have to tell you, we had never been to a city where cycling is so popular. More bicycles than cars, but it makes sense, seeing as the city isn't very big.

We left Amsterdam and headed to Munich, for the Oktoberfest celebrations. What an experience!!! We definitely have to go back. We stayed at a lovely Bed and Breakfast, where we welcomed in as family. The owners have the most amazing dog: and old lady named Terry, who's a. She's thirteen years old and cannot be in better shape. We stayed 3 nights in Munich and drank enough beer to last a lifetime.

The whole ambience of the world's most famous beer festival was incredible. Everyone was dressed in the proper bavarian garments, meeting new people and drinking beer, all the while bands playing folklore music. 
Ein Prosit!! I foresee myself attending the Oktoberfest in the coming years. Worth the time!!!

Ein Prosit
We left Munich with sad faces but happy hearts. The trip went by in seconds and we found ourselves on our way back to merry ol' London: Home! I didn't realize how much I missed my bed until I came home and passed out. But our holidays and celebrations weren't over. Thursday we hosted a birthday celebration for Juliana. One year older and wiser, we made her the princess for a day. Gladly I found myself baking her a cake that all too familiar with me: Red Velvet.

Yummy right? I have made this cake for many special people

The recipe I used has never disappointed and the result was magnificent as always. Hey, you have to stay true with what works. So I made my way to The Ten Bells pub (after an hour of rain and trying to hail a cab...) in Commercial Street. It was the venue chosen by the birthday girl and we've had a many fun nights there. We seemed to attract the crowd behaving like kids again, with balloons and what not. 

A friend of ours also happened to arrive back to London the very same day, so we had double to celebrate. The candles were blown, a wish was made and the cake was shared. Ju, I hope you had a great time, because we all did!!! We love you.

I found the most amazing candles: Angel Flames!!!
Having received our schedules for this next phase on our culinary adventures, we're glad to have concluded our holidays on such a high note. A new chapter begins for us and we all hope we hold on till the end, when we receive our diplomas and can officially be referred to as CHEFS!!!

So all in all, a busy, happy and festive holiday/break with good food, drinks and most of all friends.
Heading out now for dinner and I'll be back soon. Have a good night!!!

The messy chef, Kendra, Ju,the birthday girl and Juliana 


Until next time xx



No comments:

Post a Comment