Tuesday 18 September 2012

Weekend Celebrations and Holiday Packing

Hi there!!!

This past weekend was a busy one, with much to celebrate. Apart from continuing rejoicing over our certificates, my little country, Honduras, along with our Central American neighbors, celebrated our Independence Day on Saturday, 15th of September. To commemorate our triumph, a mass was organized and the small community of Hondurans here in London got together. 

With latino music and delicious homemade, Honduran food, we honored our beautiful country. We can all agree that once we leave home, the first thing we miss is our food. Tamales, pupusas, pastelitos, rice and beans...wow. I salute the women who prepared our feast. A big thank you to the Embassy of Honduras for organizing such a wonderful night.


Pupusas, tamales and rice and beans...yummy

And what a night is was as not only did we celebrate our independence, but our Ambassador, through Presidential order, awarded the medal of Best Artist of Honduras to Mr. Miguel Angel Ruiz.


His excellency, Mr. Ivan Romero awarding the medal to Mr. Ruiz

Mr. Ruiz very graciously and humbly accepted this honor, although he said he did not deem himself the best artist of our country. If you are interested, please check some of his beautiful works. 


Sunday came quickly and I found myself wanting to bake yet again. This time I went a little more basic and baked brownies. Yum! I hadn't baked them in a long time and the results were great. I used the wrong chocolate though, and the texture resembled both a cake and fudge...an amazing combo!!!

What do you think...? Great, oh yes...

I packed a few to give away Monday, which turned out to be a day of goodbyes. Today I leave for a week of holidays and sadly I had to say goodbye to two great friends who return home this week. Firstly to Val, my russian friend: Val, we'll miss you terribly and again, we wish you the very best in your future. And secondly, to one of the people I love the most, Carmela, my spanish friend. I think we've said goodbye to many times, but you'll be coming back soon. :)

My surprise for Val along with brownies...nicely wrapped up :)

So Val and I went for lunch to a Japanese restaurant here in Camden, Bento Ramen. I've been several times to both their locales (Bento Ramen and Bento Cafe) and the menu is so varied you need to try many things. I had a lunch special: Chicken Teriyaki. Ok, so not very original in my choice, but hey, it was good. I couldn't finish is all, so I packed it up. Val had Sweet and Sour chicken, which she said was good. 

Chicken Teriyaki Set

Definitely check them out if you're in the area. Food is delicious and it's not expensive.

Bento Ramen
29-31 Parkway
Camden Town
NW1 7PN

020 7485 9933
http://www.bentoramen.co.uk/


With this, I take my leave. Gotta finish packing up. Wish us luck!!! 

Until next week then. 

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment