Wednesday 12 September 2012

To Drinks, Cakes and Long Weekends


Hi there!

It's been exactly one week since my last post..my apologies. So much has happened in the past few days, I don't know where to begin.

My beautiful Frog Prince

Friday night, my friend and I met for dinner at a Peruvian restaurant next to London Bridge station, Tito's. The ceviche we had was really good and I think we'll be going back at some point. Not to mention, we hadn't had pizco sours in a while...yum. Then we headed up to Camden Town for some after-dinner drinks. Next time you're in the area, check out The Camden Head. Great atmosphere and great drinks!

Tito's 
4-6 London Bridge Street  City of London, London, Greater London SE1 9SG020 7407 7787


The weekend flew by afterwards. Saturday was a relaxing day, with not much to do except clean my very messy apartment and a late lunch at Byron. I'd been meaning to go for a while, as we'd heard some good reviews on the chain. It was a good burger. Can definitely see myself going back. I had the yummy cheeseburger with a side of awesome onion rings. Call me fatty, but I do love onion rings :D !!!

Sunday, I met my friends here at the Camden Market for a late lunch (yes, I loooove to eat) and drinks after. We had cocktails at Bar Fifty Five (they have a great happy hour: 2 for £8...trust me the drinks are AMAZING). We then headed to the Thames Festival. The fireworks finale was beautiful. I love fireworks! They remind me of Christmas and my late grandfather. He loved fireworks too!!! 

Sunday Happy Hour @ Bar Fifty Five


Monday was by far the longest day. Four of us met in Windsor and went to Legoland!!! It was so much fun!!! I felt like a kid again. Have you ever been? My absolute favorite part was the Star Wars Mini-land Experience, depicting through Lego structures, the plot of Episodes I - VI. The weather wasn't on our side sadly, but we had loads of fun. We left late in the afternoon and had dinner in Southall...mmm, Lamb Pasanda. It was so good...

A Lego Chef :o 

So slight recap on the culinary world: Last week we started with decorating the celebration cakes. Mine was basically finished, it just needed some spark. Yesterday we came back (those who weren't done) and finished them. What do you think of my finished piece?

He looks much better, right?
And guess what?! I passed my final practical (exam)!!! This means I passed my Intermediate Patisserie course!!! Tomorrow morning we shall receive our official certificates!!! I am so happy, we all are. It seems we came here a month ago and we're already 2/3 done. I cannot wait to begin the Superior Patisserie course. Sugar work, chocolate work, more bread making and workshops, workshops workshops!!! 

Beginning of my roulade...

So, since last week, you know I've gone back to baking at home. Yesterday I made a wonderful Lemon Meringue Roulade, recipe by Mrs. Mary Berry. I took it to school and it was gone within 15 minutes. The recipe is very simple. I always find roulades so elegant, so when I read meringue roulade, I thought : Wow, this will be complicated; far from it. With less than 10 ingredients and being completed within an hour, the result is magnificent. Apart from strudels, I had never made a roll before. Trust me, this recipe is a keeper. 

This is a blogger's page with the recipe. It's true to the one I made if you wish to try it, which I truly suggest you do.



It looked so pretty... <3

Busy week, no? I hope your week so far has gone by well. I'll see what I bake next and I'll try to keep posting on a more regular basis. Until next time then.

Sweet Dreams xx


2 comments:

  1. kiss kiss to frog prince!

    How did you manage to take a picture of yourself cutting the roulade? I have to say it was superlicious! Thanks for sharing a slice with me. =) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay! Hehehehe Val and Gagan were with me. They took the picture :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete