Sunday 2 September 2012

Sunday Studies

Hi there and welcome back.

September is here and I finally had an afternoon tea...after 5 1/2 months here. It took me long enough, but hey, I did it. And it was lovely. We had it at a restaurant called Bill's, the branch located in Brewer St. It's quite cozy and has a rustic look to it. The staff is nice and the service is good. Not to mention they have really good food, and a seasonal menu. What's not to like? 

We got there 9 minutes before they stopped serving the afternoon tea, so we took it to be an early supper. Trust me, it fills you up. With finger sandwiches (egg, salmon, cucumber and ham/tomatoes), scones with clotted cream and jam and a variety of sweets, it's hard to keep your stomach empty. This is not counting the enormous pot of tea of your choice next to it. 

That's my friend Saskia :)


Another great thing: it's only £10.95 per person. Not a bad deal considering all you get. And it was yummy!!! Absolutely perfect.

Interested? Check it out: http://www.bills-website.co.uk/

Could not finish the pot...

But that was Saturday. Today was a quiet day. The sky was rather gloomy, but I love gray days. In fact, it was a great day, considering I spent a good part of the afternoon studying. Our written final is Tuesday morning and we have a lot study. Ingredients, quantities, methods...got to learn them all. Wish us luck. We won't know our results until next week and by then, most of us will be fretting. But we have a celebration cake to keep us occupied in the kitchen.

Weeks ago we prepared fruit cakes, which we left to mature with alcohol in the school fridges. They are to be used this and next week, when we decorate them with fondant. This will definitely be the most creative cake we will have made this term. I have a few ideas in mind. You'll see the finished cake next week :). And these workshops will be our last classes in the Intermediate Patisserie. I still cannot believe 5 1/2 months have flown by and we now have our Basic Patisserie diplomas. This seemed far-fetched a year ago but here we are. It makes me truly happy.

Tomorrow I shall continue studying and since I have no class, I'll consider baking cookies for a change. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Stay tuned for more and as always,

Sweet dreams xx




1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy....one of my favourites is Bea's of Bloomsbury. Her original cafe is quite near the school.

    ReplyDelete