Friday 14 September 2012

2/3 On The Road to Success

Hey guys,

Happy Friday to all!!! The weekend is here and we have much to celebrate. We received our Intermediate Patisserie certificates yesterday and we couldn't be happier!!! We are 1/3 away from the finish line, when we will receive our Patisserie Diplomas in December! 

Time has flown by and we barely noticed it. We feel more and more at home at the institute and I hate to think of how hard it will be to leave when we complete Superior Patisserie. The Chefs have grown accustomed to us and I'll even go out on a limb and say they like us (they'll deny it till the end...) hahahahaha. 

Can you believe it :D

After a lovely speech from Mrs. Gray, the school's director, we were awarded our certificates and then treated to a morning cocktail of champagne, juice and school made canapés. The weather has been nippy of late and yesterday we experienced one of those beautiful autumn days. Blue skies and chilly weather. The perfect match for a happy day. 

Still, melancholy hung in the air. My partner and beloved classmate, Valeriya, has finished her time here in London and returns to her home in Russia next week. As the chefs and other classmates signed the beautiful poster a friend made for her, we reminisced of our crazy times in the school kitchens. The three musketeers will no longer be a trio. Still, we wish her the very best on her future endeavors and we only hope to see her succeed in her next chapter. Best of luck Val <3

The Three Musketeers <3

So, we continue the London Adventures...

As a culinary capital, there are thousands of restaurants to choose from. Yesterday I had the pleasure of going to two great places.

My friend Kendra works part time at the pan-asian cuisine restaurant East Street. I've been there a couple of times and have ordered the same thing each time. So I changed yesterday. Having craved a yummy green curry for so long, the recommendation on East Street's dish was spot on! Oh, green curry, how I love you so. If I could marry you, I would. 

If you like pan-asian cuisine, I highly recommend East Street. The food is amazing and the service 5 stars! ;) Check it out:

Yummy in the Tummy!!!
                                                         East Street
3-5 Rathbone Place  London W1T 1HJ
                                                                      020 7323 0860

Feeling like a boa, we went to the Thursday market in Covent Garden. We sat down for crepes, and I still cannot believe I gulped one down. Well, half of one. I shared hehehehe. Dark Chocolate, Grand Marnier and unrefined sugar made a good combo. So check out    

Crème de la Crêpe for some awesome savoury and sweet crepes. Yum!


Gagan's Banoffee Pie Crêpe 
Crème de la Crêpe

                                                    29 The Piazza Covent Garden, London
020 7836 6896

I went home feeling comatose after so much food and thankfully I had 4 hours before dinner. 

At 8:00 pm I found myself in Drury Lane (I wasn't looking for the muffin man...) walking to Sarastro. Being the first to arrive, I had time to appreciate the decor of the place. Absolutely fantastic! I felt part of an Arabian Night. With cushions and velvety materials, the booth like tables felt like small lounges. Most of them were surrounded by arched windows, resembling arabian architecture of old. Our table was set high, to appear as a balcony within the restaurant. The food is Turkish oriented with a mediterranean twist to it. The food is ok, but the atmosphere is great!!! Thursdays feature live music and after dinner we joined the crowd for a conga line and dancing. I definitely suggest you check it out.

Arabian Wine Nights
Sarastro
126 Drury Lane  London WC2B 5SU 
020 7836 0101

Busy day right? When the company is good, the day is great. Hope you guys enjoy the weekend.

Until next time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment