Monday 3 September 2012

Back to Basics

Hi there!!!

Hope you had an easy Monday. 

So, tomorrow we have our written final for Intermediate Patisserie and I guess we're all excited because we're basically through with the intermediate phase. Not to mention we had extremely good weather today and it's expected to continue throughout the week. 


Pâte sucrée, pâte brisée, pâte feuilletée...it never stops

Not that you can count on the weather here really...it's very temperamental. Still, lots to look forward. I mentioned previously we get to decorate our celebration cake this week. In fact, we have the demonstration tomorrow and the workshops for my class begin on Wednesday. Can't wait!!! Hopefully it'll turn out as I have it planned. I'll keep you posted on that.  

My color-coded flash cards...felt like high school again

As much as I wanted to focus on the studying, it was a bit hard. The day was too pretty hehehehe. But I did manage to get through the material between yesterday and today and so I decided to bake at home, nothing school related, after so long. And as promised, I baked cookies. I had not baked in the longest time something that I truly enjoyed and reminded me of home. It was a back to basics 

The recipe yielded 42


There truly isn't anything better than the smell of freshly baked cookies. When they're puffing up and releasing such a sweet aroma into the room...wow. I baked Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Pecan cookies...so yummy and chewy :D. I'll post the recipe later on so you can try it at home. 

Chewy oatmeal heaven...ahh

But I take my leave. Gotta get that beauty sleep. Good night to you all.

Sweet Dreams xx

No comments:

Post a Comment