Monday 31 December 2012

Good-bye 2012: A Year to Remember!!!

Happy New Year guys!!!

Welcome back and here's the last post of 2012: a year to truly remember. So much happened this past year, it is truly hard to summarize in a single post. It was a year filled with new experiences, lessons learned, skills acquired and knowledge gained. I went from being an amateur baker to a certified Patisserie Chef. 

It's a great way to say goodbye to 2012

It still sounds weird and it will take me a while to get used to it. I still have a long road ahead, but I trust my skills will take me on the correct path. Last week we celebrated Christmas worldwide and as a recently graduated Chef, it was my duty to present the desserts. So I prepared a Cranberry, Pistachio and Orange Roulade and an Orange-Cranberry Cheesecake. Thankfully, both were a huge success!!! When people hear the word Chef, much pressure goes on those shoulders. Expectations were high and happily I didn't disappoint. 

Tonight is New Year's Eve on this side of the world and I prepared Pear Pavlovas, Rum Balls and a traditional apple pie.  I apologize for my short post, but I have a second dinner to attend to and the hour grows late. Yes, you read correctly, a second NYE feast. Let's hope my clothes don't complain!!!

I wish you all the very best on this coming year. May 2013 be a blessing to you all!!!

Until next year then!!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment