Monday 4 November 2013

Welcome Sunshine, Welcome November

Hi Guys!!!

Welcome back!!! I cannot hold my happiness any longer!!! It's finally November!!! Elsewhere in the world, people are wrapping themselves up to go out, enjoying a delicious hot chocolate. Here, however, the days grow slightly cooler, the sun happily shining, as the end of our winter (rainy season) approaches. Not to mention, that the project I'm part of is about to open as well. As freaked out as I may be, I've waited for this moment for months now and to finally see it complete will be a dream come true. 

A lovely wine pairing session took place 

This past week has had its ups and downs, but I can't complain really. Well, more like I shouldn't complain. Much has been going my way, which scares me a little, as I'm afraid it'll build up for a massive fall. But until then, I should simply enjoy the ride. 

I felt a little old school, per se, and went back to basics, baking a lovely load of scrumptious chocolate tarts for a tasting. Adding walnuts certainly added a needed flavor, and still can wait to keep experimenting with these babies. They're so good. It's been a long time since I went back to old recipes. I spent that night reminiscing on school days, thinking how quickly 10 months have gone by and I am a certified Chef, although half my time, I don't feel I'm worthy of the title. Hopefully this project will help me gain more experience in the kitchen department. 

Baking late at night is sometimes a beautiful bliss

The following evening involved wine bottles and baked goodies. Not to enjoy entirely. It was a wine pairing session, and despite the late hour and sleepy eyes, much was accomplished. A lovely passion fruit cheesecake brought in was no match for the wines. Its tangy and acidic deliciousness left the wines far behind in taste. So I'm still on the look out for that wine that will marry this culinary spectacle. Any ideas?

Lining of the tarts!!!

The week simply blew by...short meetings, long meetings, coffee tasting,  wine tasting, fingers burned by my lovely oven and suddenly, its Sunday. The sky was gloriously blue, with blazing rays of sunshine pouring everywhere. How I wished to stay in bed all day, but sadly, duty called and I was up early, finishing up a couple of cakes. Just before noon, I was in the car, driving to town, delivering them and heading back home. My initial wish was somewhat granted, managing to stay in bed until around 5 in the evening. I headed over to grandma's for a short visit and it was soon nightfall. I was in no mood to be productive, so I dozed off after a Disney movie marathon.

And here we are. 6 a.m. painted a gloomy sky. Two hours later, I was enjoying my coffee, while fixing up the Christmas tree's lighting. With that done, I headed out, had a short meeting, enjoyed my lunch and will now consider some Christmas tunes to continue to enjoy my day. My afternoon involves several errands and a lovely pumpkin roll. So be sure to pop in next week for the result and recipe!!!

Until next time.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment