Tuesday 19 November 2013

A Brave New World: Taking that Leap of Faith

Hi Guys!!!

Welcome back!!! My sincerest apologies for not posting yesterday; To be honest, Monday completely flew by and I dropped down dead, only to realize it was about to be midnight and my blog was postless. Nevertheless, here I am, wishing you all a happy Tuesday night. Despite the sleepiness in my eyes and overall weariness, I can't help but smile. The day  was magnificently beautiful. Clear blue sky and a slight...slight...chill in the air. Not to mention, that two of the greatest people and greatest friends became parents this past weekend. We have a beautiful baby boy joining our family. Welcome to the world Werner Phillippe!

Copa Cafe...coming soon!!!

Now, because the opening date for the project is swiftly approaching (finally got a date!!!) I am scared and going insane, thinking about the amount of things I have to bake...at home...with one oven. Yes...it finally hit me, my kitchen isn't big anymore. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen it this small. It'll work out, that I know, but the stress of the time in between now and finally opening is killing me. I wish I could close my eyes, snap my fingers and voila! Have cakes appear before me. Sadly, my imagination is only that...images in my head. Reality check: done. 

Just a few of the beauties I'll be whipping up

I still owe you the lovely pumpkin roll I have in mind. I just don't know where time goes. Lately, it feels like I'm waking up, minutes pass, I sleep and the same short cycle happens all over again. Even coffee is losing its touch. I need a pause button. 

On the plus side, I can't wait to finally open and experience what it really is like to be your own boss in the kitchen. So far, I've catered to specific orders, but now, I have the liberty of creating anything I want...ANYTHING!!! And that thought brings a big smile to my face. The idea also made me think of the most incredible surprise my partners made for me. It was fully revealed to me today!!! They gave me my own PASTRY CORNER!!! I found out earlier last week, as a result of a slight mistake, and I couldn't believe the thoughtfulness of the idea and I am ever so grateful!!! So yes, another happy feeling to join my jittery eagerness.

The Little Chef has her own CORNER!!!

I really haven't much to write, as I haven't been baking that much. I've delivered a couple of orders and I finished a delicious batch of ginger spice cookies earlier tonight. Just their smell is enough to make your mouth water and as soon as you bite into it, the chewiness makes you drown in it. So be sure to try the recipe from a while back. Those babies will come in handy later on this week. They're crucial to one of the cheesecakes I'll be making. 

It's funny how life gives you random turns. Just a year ago, I was training to become a Chef. Never in that time, did it once occur to me that I'd be partnering up and opening a business.  And even scarier, as a still-in-the-learning-process Chef, to be responsible for an entire kitchen. I feel I have very big shoes to fill. Thankfully I have a wonderful family and great group of friends who have not once doubted I'd be making it out there. So please, wish us luck!!!

With a new leaf to turn in a new chapter in my life, I bid you farewell and good night. Have a great week!!! I look forward to tell you everything about the opening on Monday!!!

Until next time!!!
xx




1 comment:

  1. Escribís bello! So proud of you on so many levels! Love you ChefCITO!

    ReplyDelete