Tuesday 11 February 2014

Think Back Tuesdays...

Hi Guys!!!

And welcome back!!! It's been gloriously, sunny Tuesday. On retrospect, I imagine I could have accomplished more during the beautiful, shining hours (don't get me wrong, my baking duties didn't disappear). But I did have an epiphany, a life's realization, that I have not been living in the moment. Life feels dulls in those precious seconds, when you realize that perhaps you haven't been living up to your potential. Thankfully, they last only that...seconds. I guess there's still tomorrow to start. How mediocre...hahaha 

My daily fuel :)

Apart from the insightful thoughts of my life so far, I have yet to understand why on Earth it takes me close to two weeks to update my blog. Lately that is. I used to live for my Mondays, on which I would recount the adventures in my kitchen, travels and food discoveries. These days, all I look forward is to my coffee, some shuteye and a little quiet. When did I become the old lady I always feared I would become... I suppose I've always been. Try as I may, my "in-a-minute's" went from "later!" to "I'll try again tomorrow".  Except that THAT specific tomorrow never comes. 

But alas, I digress, for here we are again.

The Heavenly Raspberry Roulade about to be rolled

Trying to mix things up a little in the kitchen, I tried out two different raspberry flavored desserts: a lovely Cheesecake Brownie with a Raspberry Topping and A Heavenly Raspberry Meringue Roulade. With Valentine's Day coming up, and people freaking out with red and pink and white motifs, I decided to join in the craziness and added a little more pink into the fridge. It's not that big of a change, but they have received positive reviews; a little something, for which I am thankful for. I also broke all records, I believe, for putting off making school related desserts since I graduated. Last week, I made, for the first time since 2012, a FRAISIER. I know! I know! I am utterly embarrassed! Having said that, I am even more embarrassed to admit that I will never, EVER, get the hang of proper folding. I hate it. My genoise brought shame to every sponge cake ever made. Why? Well, apart from the evident lumps of flour and over beating, I, of course, let it dry out; which resulted in a flat bread. Still tasted yummy...Mortifying, but yummy. And, it looked pretty. Sort of...from the sides.  I'll have to go through crates of eggs before I even come close to correcting my folding. I guess practice does make perfect.

I feel guilty posting the horrible genoise

It was a grey sky kinda Thursday last week, the day I should have blogged about stupid stuff like now...just my kind of day...and while my baking duties were not required at the time, I enjoyed a rare moment of peace and solitude with a warm cup of my favorite drink (yes, you guessed it: coffee), watching what has become one of my favorite movies in the past years: One Fine Day. When I have those "I hate the world!" kind of days, this movie cheers me right up...because God knows I would never have survived a day like Michelle Pfieffer's in that movie. HAHAHAHAHA.

Returning to my culinary chronicles, I've been overly analytical on deciphering a way to transfer my mental dessert projects into concrete ones. I already have enough of a hard time dealing with procrastination in order to actually move my butt and get to the baking works. (Answer these out to kill some time!!!) My motivation is running at its all-time low and I bake because I have to. It's my job ... So how do I get back on track? Any bright ideas out there? If you have any...I'd truly appreciate the input. Step one: Quit StumbleUpon addiction.

I do wish to bring something different to the table, so I'm hoping my free periods of the day   pay off this week. I can't promise anything. Except a picture of the Heavenly Raspberry Roulade and the Cheesecake Brownies...for next week that is! I'll post recipes again soon!!!

Good night and have a great week!!!

Until next time!!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment