Tuesday 12 February 2013

Certified Pastry Chef. Not bad, eh?

Hi guys!!!

Welcome back. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the delay in my post. My current employment has been keeping me rather busy. Also, my wanting to experiment with carambolas failed, as I haven't been home long enough to try and make something with them; my family's been enjoying them though. Last I checked, there were 4. Still, I'm sure to find more and I'll experiment then.

Now, it was a lovely surprise last week, when my dad handed over a brown envelope to me. Curious to see what it was, I opened it. I was sure I'd receive it at some point, but they were quick. The school has sent me my Patisserie Diploma Qualification from the NCFE and I am more than happy to acknowledge that yes, I am a pastry chef, but that my diploma is certified. So, I guess I am at liberty to say that I am a certified Pastry Chef. Cool, right?!

Happy moments deserve a happy dance!!!

Because of my work schedule, I haven't been very active in my own kitchen, messing it up and letting my creativeness flow. I get home very late, by which time, all I wish to do is get ready for bed. Getting up in the morning is tough now, but I manage. Still, I'm glad to know I still have fans. I've been asked to prepare small desserts for two upcoming weddings. What I will make is still in the brainstorming room. I still have certain doubts regarding my abilities, but only trying will I know, so I'll keep you updated on my culinary adventures. Heads up: mango season approaches. Get ready for some fruity, messy sweets!!!

On a canine note, we're all very happy at home, as the puppies have opened their eyes and are already taking their first steps. I cracked up last night, as I heard them fighting. They're all so tiny and so feisty. I can't wait for them to be a month old. They'll be growing their teeth very soon. I'm guessing my mom won't be too happy, as it's the furniture they're gonna target. 

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by. Again, sorry for the late and short post. I'll make sure to capture priceless moments in the kitchen this week. 

Until next time.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment